How to Leave a Comment on Our Blog

HOW TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS BLOG
1. Scroll to the end of the post.
2. Click on the phrase "0 comments" or, if there are comments it will indicate how many, for example, "8 comments." Clicking on this will open the comment option for you.
3. Type in your note.
4. Choose your Profile. If you don't understand the choices under Profile then choose Anonymous but PLEASE type your name and location at the bottom of your comment so I know who you are!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Brrrr. plus meatballs




Coming out of a lock and going under the adjacent bridge I noticed the Icicles hanging from the brickwork. Now we both remember March a year ago we were on the Shropshire Union below Audlem sitting in the hot sun that lasted about 5 days.                                            Now the packet to the left is Ikea meat balls. Mmmm been in our freezer long before the press kicked up the horse meat scandal. We had some before that event and we have just had some this evening. So if they do contain gee gee meat then all we can say is we like it.                  It all makes me wonder how long have we been eating cowboy transport. The only thing wrong as Jaq says is the fraud of charging for something different to what you believe your getting.
Oh well we still have some for another day. Maybe Tesco will bring out joints of horse meat and change our Sunday roast for ever. 
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

IKEA meatballs in Canada are sourced from the USA apparently.

Mind the UK meatballs might be from a horse of a different colours; mabe ask a horse who was once one...

BTW it is what is called Easter weekend for those so inclined. I much prefer
real reasons to celebrate although the change from Winter to Spring this year has happened it may well be delayed in reality for a month or two.
More snow here Wednesday nighttie...

Anonymous said...

Seems I've been eating horse meat for evah!!
Am still alive and ok - well talking drivel lots of the time, but folk still answer me! So guess they are also eating the same nag!
Nice to know one's weirdness is not entirely self inflicted!! Roll on the next disaster which is gov made! and the next, ...............
and the ...............

get it yet?
lols
BB
x

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Les,

Not quite born and bred in the Netherlands but both my parents were dutch, Horse meat was a real delicacy in Holland. The texture and taste is very much like beef only a sweeter and I would love for it to be introduced here. I wonder though, if it was labelled horse meat whether the British public would buy it. I feel to much fuss has been made over the whole affair and should now be put to bed.

All the best

Irene

John Witts said...

I don't think any non-vegetarian, be they English, Dutch, or whatever, should cavil at eating horse, PROVIDED it say's 'horse' on the label, not beef or anything else....

No doubt someone will say me neigh....

:-)

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

I loved the Ikea meatballs! I too would continue to eat them, if I had been lucky enough to have some in the freezer! I hope when they bring them back they will taste the same?

Debbie :)

Anonymous said...

I've eaten horse in France and enjoyed it too. But I'd like to know it has been inspected and passed as safe and not some poor old nag who was poisoned because it was too expensive to keep fed - like the one that killed the 7 eagles here in Washinton last week!

Sally

Les Biggs said...

Thanks all for the horsey comments now I must clip clop away and chew the grass. Horsemeat is harmless we should all eat more.

BB??????????

NB Valerie & Steam Train by Les Biggs

NB Valerie & Steam Train by Les Biggs