How to Leave a Comment on Our Blog

HOW TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS BLOG
1. Scroll to the end of the post.
2. Click on the phrase "0 comments" or, if there are comments it will indicate how many, for example, "8 comments." Clicking on this will open the comment option for you.
3. Type in your note.
4. Choose your Profile. If you don't understand the choices under Profile then choose Anonymous but PLEASE type your name and location at the bottom of your comment so I know who you are!

Friday, January 24, 2020

Les Biggs, In Remembrance



"A thousand words won't bring you back; I know because I've tried. Neither will a thousand tears; I know because I've cried." ~Kily Dunbar, grieving mother

Les died three years ago today at 9:08 am. It seems like yesterday...I count myself so very lucky we found each other and loved one another for a brief span of time. I tried to post a few of my favorite pictures of him, but Blogger kept deleting them when I tried to add captions, and then shuffled them out of sequence, so I will just go with this one as it captures so well Les' joy for life. He loved to laugh and how he made me laugh!! He was and always will be my brown eyed handsome man, my heart's desire...
Les on our deck under the Lilac tree at Cloudhouse in Pullman, Washington, August 2011. Do you know I viewed this picture many dozens of times before I realized he was making rabbit ears at me!

8 comments:

Pip and Mick said...

Thinking of you and sending our love.
Pip, Mick and Tilly x

Mike Todd said...

Gosh - is it that long already?

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

I sure do miss you, Mick, and Tilly.
Love Jaq xxx

nb Bonjour said...

Thinking of you Jaq,
well done
Love Debby and Dave xx

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Mike,
Time is a funny thing. Grief is a long, long walk for many of us. I am part of a widows' group and there are women who have found new love and other partners, and those who still struggle with their grief and loss ten years after. It all depends on the age of the person at the time of their loss, the depth of one's relationship with the deceased, and dozens of other variables including finances, community, and personal resiliency.

In my heart it seems to me as though Les died only moments ago. Day-to-day, it feels like a long, cold slog on my own, without Les. There are so many things a woman loses with the death of a husband, not the least of which is the subtle privilege of his care and protection which lends a wife certain advantages in a world still run by and for men.

Before I met Les, I had no idea this situation existed- I never experienced it before and didn't realize it existed. Now I've experienced that care and protection proffered by Les' depth of love and commitment to me, and at age 62, I feel brittle, fragile, and lost without Les. He wasn't just my husband: I've lost my very best friend, my soul mate, the person who had my back, whose very presence made me smile and look forward to another day, and the one person who knew all my deepest secrets, along with the subtle but very credible advantage his presence as my husband, proffered in negotiating life's vicissitudes. I've lost my home, and our/my life on the cut.

There was only ever one person with the key to unlock my heart, and that person was Les.When I look ahead to the possibility of a decade or two without him by my side, three years is merely a heart beat in time...

Jaqueline

Nev Wells said...

I'm holding you both in my thoughts today x I'll forever regret not spending more time when we past near Burston a couple of years back.

Judith nb Serena said...

Thinking of you and your loss. Love and hugs Judith nb Serena XXX

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Thinking of you.

Biggs hugs, friend,

M&Dxxoo

NB Valerie & Steam Train by Les Biggs

NB Valerie & Steam Train by Les Biggs