Well the call came as promised and the cancer nurse gave us the decision of the Monday meeting. The recommendation was for Chemo and/or Radio therapy to shrink the tumour before surgery. The next appointment will be with the therapy team based at another hospital to discuss the type and length of treatment the oncologists recommend is most beneficial.
From what we have gathered so far the surgery might first be a stoma so that the main surgery can heal without having to cope with the waste disposal dept. If more has to be removed from this dept and repair to the bowel becomes impossible the stoma becomes permanent. I am quite happy with this.....disposable bag or my life......no contest.
What I`m not happy about is that we found out from a good source that if I refuse the therapy the surgeon can refuse to operate on the grounds that `it would not be in the patients interest`. So go along with us or................
So a lot of talking to be done with the oncologists and some big decision making to be done.
Last time I visited this hospital was with Valerie in 2000. I`m not looking forward to it but I will have another strong lady by my side.