How to Leave a Comment on Our Blog

HOW TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS BLOG
1. Scroll to the end of the post.
2. Click on the phrase "0 comments" or, if there are comments it will indicate how many, for example, "8 comments." Clicking on this will open the comment option for you.
3. Type in your note.
4. Choose your Profile. If you don't understand the choices under Profile then choose Anonymous but PLEASE type your name and location at the bottom of your comment so I know who you are!

Monday, March 04, 2013

They say it`s progress

I have been meaning to sort a new phone for a few months now and as the picture shows the deed is done. My old Motorola served me well with it`s folding design keeping the screen protected from being squashed in my pocket up against a lock beam, they end up like a Rainbow leaving you guessing what function you are performing.
So now I have entered the world of smart phone technology with the Android Samsung Galaxy 2. The little quick start guide is useless and the online version is not much better. This phone shows my email as it arrives, has GPS maps, radio, news and weather, voice command - how do I command it to make a bacon sarnie- it has a million other useful/useless gadgets. Ooops sorry they call them Apps. Oh by the way it also makes phone calls.
It has god knows how many hours of life between charges but I managed to flatten the battery within a few hours trying to work it all out. It took  Jaq and I about 40 mins to delete the weather from being displayed every time I picked the phone up, just how many times a day do you need the weather forecast in one day.
So I guess your wondering what sort of deal I got.
400 mins,  300texts,  500Mb data, unlimited landline calls and best of all a free phone. £16/$24. All this is more than enough for me as I never use anywhere near my allowances. If I had to buy the phone I would not have been happy but as it is perhaps in time it will grow on me but for sure I`ll never use all the gadgets.
I have managed to find a nice genuine leather case that will give it some protection. Nowadays I quite often don`t have the phone on me while cruising unlike my solo days when it never left my side...just in case.

13 comments:

Nb Yarwood said...

Hi Les
What network are you with?
Lesley

Les Biggs said...

Hi Lesley
I am with Orange or EE as they call theselves now they are with T-Mo. You get the T mobile aeriels as well so I find coverage is good.
I got this deal by phoning the dept that deals with folk wishing to leave Orange. The shops can NOT do any fancy deals.
Les

The Mechanic AKA. Mick Lomax said...

Les, you've finally got into the modern world!

Now you will spend the next 6 months trying to work out everything on it. Have fun with it, you'll be surprised with what it'll do.

Mick

ken and sue nb cleddau said...

Les,
Still usingour Nokia 6310i. 10 years old, external aerialport, battery lasts 2 weeks and will work onthe mearest sniff of a signal anywhere inthe world. Also Bob Geldorf's favourites. Currently on the IOW walking hols for a week.
Love Ken and Sue nb Cleddau

Anonymous said...

Technology in what form it exists be it windpower to steam power to...
is wonderful as long as we control same, rather than technology controlling us. Don't talk or text while being the tiller steering person on NB Valerie on the canals! :-)

chas said...

Good phone unless you drop it on the back cabin stove !!!!

I ended up upgrading to galaxy s3

I have a brand new leather case for the S2,
it's yours if you want it


Good blog

Charlie

Unknown said...

I love my Galaxy S 2 but I do have to charge it everyday. I think you can also blog from it!!!

Les Biggs said...

Chas
Thanks for the ofer but I have a case on it`s way.

Les Biggs said...

Hi Ken/Sue
Virgin IOW`s. Lovely place, enjoy.

Les Biggs said...

Carol
I`ll drop myself in it and say your phone needs charging everyday because you girls chat so much.LOL
Hope to see you in London or wherever.
Les

Tom and Jan said...

Les,
Have you learned how to 'tether' it so it becomes a wifi router in the boat?

Les Biggs said...

Hi Tom/Jan
The answer is NO so please tell. We do have a wireless pointer but an extra device is useful.
Les

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Les,
I sent you an email yesterday. Hope it arrived OK
Tom

NB Valerie & Steam Train by Les Biggs

NB Valerie & Steam Train by Les Biggs